Our 10-hour class is a combination of online training at your own pace and in-person skills evaluation!Approximately 10 hours of online training + 1 day of in-office skills demonstration!
Start your rewarding career in healthcare by becoming a Personal Care Aide! A PCA works in a residential home setting to help adults and special needs children with activities of daily living, such as bathing, dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, meal preparation and light housekeeping. PCA’s also observe and document clinical treatment, assist with range-of-motion exercises, record vital signs such as temperature, pulse and respiration and provide emotional support and companionship to the client and family. Our 10 hours of PCA coursework includes medical terminology, basic human anatomy, communication skills, caring for patients with Alzheimer’s disease, homemaker skills and hands-on experience with real patients in a health care setting. Because we also operate our own home health care agency, that creates opportunities for immediate caregiver employment after certification.
- Course price: Free (with 300 hours work commitment with our agency)
- Must live in our service areas Anderson, Seneca, and Powdersville.
- Must have a computer or tablet with a reliable Internet connection.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must pass a national criminal background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid TB test (skin test within 1 year or chest x-ray within 5 years)
- Must be able read, speak and write in English.
- To apply to our PCA Certification program, complete the application below. You will be contacted for an interview. Because we intend to hire all of the graduates of our free course, you will go through the same interview, screening and background check process as a new hire.
- If accepted, you will receive e-mailed instructions to complete 10 hours of online training at your own pace, but you must complete it within 14 days from when you receive our email.
- After you successfully complete the online training, you will be contacted by us to schedule your a day of in-office skills assessment conducted by our nursing staff.
On-Site Skills Training Centers
212 E. Greenville Street
Anderson, SC 29621